MCAx – Premium portable metrology
The MCAx Manual Coordinate measuring Arm is a precise, reliable and easy-to-use portable 7-axis measuring arm. It is the perfect partner for the ModelMaker MMDx digital handheld laser scanners and Focus Handheld scanning and inspection software. This total solution’s accuracy, capability and portability make it feel perfectly at home in the metrology lab, on the shop floor and in-the-field.
The MCAx arm can be equipped with a wide range of probing systems for laser scanning, touch-trigger measurements and continuous scanning. Its flexibility makes this measurement arm the perfect solution for the widest range of measurement tasks. The MCAx range of 7-axis articulated arms is available with a measurement volume ranging from 2.0 and 4.5 meter diameter.
- High accuracy and fast data throughput saves time and money
- Optimized for hard-to-scan surfaces
- Designed for use under all shop floor or field conditions
- Extreme temperature stability and zero warm-up time
- Quick and easy plug-and-play setup
- Enhanced ergonomics mean stress-free usage
- Short learning curve
- Automatic probe recognition
- Seamless transition between scanning and touch-probing
- On-board calibration storage
- Scanner compatible with all major brands of point cloud software
- No external controller
- Fast & accurate multi-sensor 3D inspection
- Part-to-CAD inspection: First article inspection against CAD model
- Inspection of geometric features
- Gap-and-flush inspection
- Reverse engineering: from concept studio clay to class A surfaces
- Digitizing for additive manufacturing
Flexible probing options
Customers can choose between high-accuracy, no-compromise ModelMaker MMDx scanners with 50mm, 100mm or 200mm stripe widths.
For tactile measurements, MCAx supports a wide variety of tactile (straight and hook) and touch-trigger probes in many lengths and stylus configurations.
Intuitive scanning and inspection software
Focus supports intuitive scanning and inspection using an articulated arm or Optical CMM with tactile and/or scanning probes. The software is specifically designed to control data flows with minimum user interaction.
The point cloud builds up in real-time as it is being acquired and is seamlessly followed by inspection of the measured geometry against CAD or another scan.
The Focus inspection toolbox includes advanced analysis functionality such as detailed part-to-CAD comparison, feature extraction, gap & flush inspection and GD&T.
Alternatively, through the Nikon Metrology API, the MMDx/MMCx handheld scanners and MCAx arms can be used directly in many 3rd party inspection software applications, including PolyWorks®, and Geomagic®.
For reverse engineering applications users can select from a broad offering of 3rd party packages which tightly integrate with all Nikon Metrology handheld scanners.
A modular approach to arm mounting and probe connectivity as well as measurement volume extensions and datuming provides a multitude of accessories to enhance usage in the most demanding situations.
Lightweight portable or heavy-duty mobile tripods for floor-mounting
Magnetic, vacuum or bolt-down bases for table or tool mounting
Measurement volume extension and probe solutions
Ask us to compare the Nikon MCAx to FARO!