Advanced GD&T Training Class
Join us for a 3-day Advanced GD&T training event instructed by Applied Geometrics, Inc.
For over 20 years, professionals at AGI have helped Global manufacturers dramatically reduce
rejects and increase profits through successful implementation of Geometric Dimensioning and
This three-day GD&T class is a comprehensive GD&T course focused on practical application.
- Review the basic concepts and introduce the more complex concepts of the Y14.5 standard
- Provide Participants with the knowledge of proper Datum Feature selection and specification.
- Enable participants to properly interpret and apply each of the Y14.5 controls and rules.
- Enable participants to calculate functional tolerances for position and other tolerances.
- Continue preparing the participants for the ASME GDTP certification exams.
Reasons for Attending
Your drawings have GD&T on them! If you have been through the GD&T Basic Level, and you need more knowledge and skill to increase your effectiveness, this course is for you. This program is a continuation of your education in the Y14.5 standard. In this program, we focus on the application and interpretation of GD&T – another step closer to becoming a GD&T expert.
The program begins with a review of GD&T, then continues with practical team exercises designed to enhance knowledge, build confidence, and nurture a team environment. This class is a minimum lecture, maximum experience and participation format. The subject matter covered is (as a minimum):
- Introduction – Objectives, review Basic GD&T.
- General rules of dimensioning and drafting review.
- Review of the more complex controls – composite position, projected tolerance zone, etc.
- Datum Reference Frames – proper selection and utilization exercises.
- Calculating tolerances for maximum producibility and 100% interchangeability.
- Functional gauge design – “Soft” or “Paper” as well as tooled gauges
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for anyone who is currently familiar and proficient with the concepts and practices of GD&T. Particular emphasis is placed on those who are responsible for specifying, and interpreting, technical documentation. Individuals desiring to become a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam will need this course.
Prerequisites: Fundamentals of GD&T, or equivalent experience.
We are offering a 10% discount off the purchase of two seats and a 25% discount off the purchase of three or more seats.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat!
Cancellation policy: Cancellations made 6-10 business days prior to the start date are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations made less than 5 business days prior to the start date are subject to the full fee.
Program changes: RFM and AGI reserve the right to make changes in programs and speakers or to reschedule programs if a minimum of five participants are not registered for any class or when conditions beyond their control prevail.